Melanie Chmielewska Sculptor
- 1981-83 Cleveland college of Art and Design Cleveland
- Diploma in Art and Design
- 1983-86 Kent Institute of Art Canterbury
- BA(Hons) Fine Art
- 1990-94 Worked as co-worker and Artist in Residence
- Worked at The Camphill Rudolf Steiner schools for children with
special needs, in Aberdeen. Also giving sculpture workshops to pupils and co-workers.
- 1995-2004 Lived and worked in Poland
- Became a member of the art group Formalina
- 2005- Living and working in Argyll, Scotland.
- 2009 Became a member of Artmap Argyll
- Joined in the Open Studio event.
- 2009 Steward in the Lantern Workshops.
- 2010 Art map stone carving workshop
- 2010 Dalriada stone carving workshops
- 2010 Artmap open studio event
- 1986 A group exhibition in Canterbury Cathedral. Peace and
- 1989 Solo exhibition in Brancepeth castle, Durham.
- 1990 Solo exhibition Middlesbrough Art Gallery.
- 1992 Group exhibition
- in conjunction with a world conference
for art within the Rudolf Steiner schools, where artists from
around the world were invited to speak of their work within
- 1994 solo exhibition Newton Dee, Camphill Village for adults
with special needs.
- 1998 Solo exhibition . Trzebnica, Poland. House of Culture.
- 1999 Solo exhibition. Oborniki Sl. Poland The saloon of four
- 2000 Group exhibition with Formalina. Strzeszow.Poland
- 2002 Solo exhibition, Park plaza hotel, Wroclaw ,Poland.
- 2002 solo exhibition, House of culture, Trzebnica, Poland.
- 2002 Group Exhibition with Formalina Wroclaw, Poland.
- 2008 Lochgilphead Annual Art Fair
- 2009 Lohgilphead Annual Art Fair
- 2009 Kilmartin Museum ,Artmap group exhibition.
- 2009 Dunollie House, group exhibition the hidden jewel
- Part of the Homecoming events in Scotland.
- 2009 Crinan hotel, group exhibition
- 2009 Dochas Gallery. Artmap group exhibition
- 2010 Crinan Hotel R.G.I
- 2010 Lochgilphead Annual Art Fair
- 2010 Kilmartin house Museum ,group exhibition Mixing up
- 2011 Cream of Argyll exhibition, Lime Gallery, Glasgow. Exhibition of art by various Argyll artists.
1987 A sculpture to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Tirly Garth, centre for moral rearmament. Cheshire.
1988 A sculpture on the theme Amnesty international
For the Church of England Centre for Education, Durham .
1994 A sculpture for Camphill House, Camphill Rudolf Steiner Schools, Aberdeen
1994 Tobias and the Angel. Private commission.
1994 Grave stone. Private commission.
1999 Relief stone carving of Mikolaj Kopernik
For Zawonia Primary School. Poland.
2000 Relief stone carving of King Henry the Bearded,
For Trzebnica secondary school, Poland.
2003 private commission, Poland.
2007-2009 St. Brandons Church, Brancepeth, Durham.
A series of 16 sandstone corbels on the theme of the Christian life from birth to resurrection.